[Snort-users] Problem with the -o option

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Nov 5 12:38:20 EST 2004

At 10:50 AM 11/5/2004, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
>1. When listing the -o option, do I need to include the full path the
>policy-based.rules file similarly to how it is done for the -c snort.conf
>file?

erm, -o does not take any filenames as a parameter. It's just a flag that
changes the rule processing. It's just -o not "-o file" or "-o /path/file".

add policy-based-rules to your snort.conf as an include. Don't pass it on
the command-line.