[Snort-users] Error with Acid

sam wun sam.wun at ...12627...
Thu Nov 4 06:08:47 EST 2004

Kevin Johnson wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 05:49, sam wun wrote:
>

>Hi-
>
>Verify that your mysql server is running.  When it starts up, it creates
>the /tmp/mysql.sock file which mysql clients use to connect.

Thanks, the problem now becomes:

*Error (p)connecting to DB : *snort at ...274...:3306

Check the DB connection variables in /acid_conf.php/

               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

*Database ERROR:*Access denied for user: 'root at ...274...' (Using
password: YES)

The root user can access mysql with command "mysql -u root -p"
I don't know why I can't login with root?

Thanks
Sam.