[Snort-users] problems compiling snort w/MySQL support

Marcelo Zúñiga Torres tanelorn44 at ...11031...
Wed Nov 3 08:01:09 EST 2004

Hi, I would like to know if someone can help me with
this...

I'm trying to compile snort with MySQL supporo on a
machine with debian sarge installed. I installed
mysql-server from the debian package, with apt-get
install, but I don't know how to make things work
because I don't know what I have to write in the snort
./configure script to tell it where are the files of
mysql.
What I'm doing is the following:

bandido:/opt/snort-2.2.0# ./configure
--prefix=/opt/snort --with-mysql=/usr/lib/
--enable-flexresp --with-openssl
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane...
yes...etc

In the part of MySQL...

checking for pcre_compile in -lpcre... yes
checking for mysql... no
checking libnet.h usability... yes
checking libnet.h presence... yes

Obviusly, then when I make a make, make install, and
then I try to run snort, it fails and says something
like:

database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this
build of snort  ...  etc

greetings from Chile,

Marcelo Zúñiga Torres
Red de Computadores