[Snort-users] installation problems

Tue Nov 2 12:06:41 EST 2004

The RPM's on the snort.org site are not working with FC2.  In the FC2
install doc there is a link to the yum repository the RPM maintainers
run, you can get the RPM's that work from that link.

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Shirk [mailto:shirkdog_linux at ...125...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:14 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] installation problems

If you use packages, then you should just use packages.

If you compile one thing from source, you may get errors when trying to
install packages later on.

I will assume you compiled libpcap-0.8.3 from source.
That Snort package is looking for that particular version of libpcap,
therefore you would need the libpcap-0.6.2 package to be installed.

Check out the docs at http://www.snort.org most notably Patrick Harper's

HOW-To Guides.

Shirkdog