[Snort-users] installation problems

M. Shirk shirkdog_linux at ...125...
Tue Nov 2 07:19:05 EST 2004

If you use packages, then you should just use packages.

If you compile one thing from source, you may get errors when trying to
install packages later on.

I will assume you compiled libpcap-0.8.3 from source.
That Snort package is looking for that particular version of libpcap,
therefore you would need the libpcap-0.6.2 package to be installed.

Check out the docs at http://www.snort.org most notably Patrick Harper's
HOW-To Guides.

Shirkdog