[Snort-users] Barnyard Question

M. Shirk shirkdog_linux at ...125...
Mon Nov 1 12:23:33 EST 2004

>From: Graxius <graxius at ...11827...>
>To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard Question
>Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:33:55 -0600

You are missing some options in the configure.

Lets say you installed mysql into /usr/local/mysql
then the following should work to configure barnyard

./configure --enable-mysql
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/includes/mysql
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql

I compiled mysql from source, and this what I had to do to get it work.

However, as Alex Butcher pointed out to me, stick to the OS packages of
database software if possible. This will help with environment and path
issues.

Shirkdog