[Snort-users] Barnyard Question

Graxius graxius at ...11827...
Mon Nov 1 11:39:24 EST 2004

All,
I have a Barnyard Question and hopefully I am just missing something.
First here are two of the errors I have been getting and commands I
used

./configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/lib/mysql

checking for /usr/lib/mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
./configure --enable-mysql

checking for /usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/local/lib/mysql

Incidentally when I set the includes path to the client libs it fails
on the header file even if the header file is in the libs directory
manually.

./configure --enable-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/includes/mysql

checking for /usr/includes/mysql/mysql.h... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
  checked in the following places
        /usr/includes/mysql/mysql.h

And the file is there...

I have tried all manner of comibinations of OS and Distro's. RPMs from
Fedora Crew then reloading and trying RPMs from Mysql guys. Suse 9.1
with RPMs from MySql folks. Even compiled MySQL from scratch. Sybolic
linking etc etc. Any one have a quick answer to what this may be? Ran
into it before? Or any good links to Barnyard info?

Thanks,
Rich