[Snort-users] Off topic, protocol analysis...

Darden, Patrick S. darden at ...710...
Mon Nov 1 09:37:02 EST 2004

Ntop: simple and effective sniffer/analyzer.  Does what top does, but for
network protocols/traffic.  http://ntop.ethereal.com

Ethereal: more than you seem to want.  Full fledged sniffer and protocol
analyzer.  http://ethereal.com

--Patrick Darden
--unix, linux, cisco, security

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Humes [mailto:jhumes at ...11232...]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 9:39 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Off topic, protocol analysis...

Hi
I'm looking for something that can watch all the traffic and classify what
it is by port, and possibly by deeper inspection.  I'd like something that
can do 'Top 10 Protocols', 'Top 10 Services', 'Top 10 Talkers'...that sort
of thing and I would love if it was linux based...anyone have any
ideas...thanks.

--

Jason