[Snort-users] Snort use of memory

Larry Wichman larrywichman at ...131...
Mon Nov 1 07:25:53 EST 2004

I added more memory to one of my Snort boxes but Snort
does not seem to want to use it. I thought there was a
doc somewhere that says how to tell Snort to use more
memory. Can anyone point me to the doc. I looked
through the archives and FAQs and did not see
anything.

Mem:  1032192k av,  287048k used,  745144k free,
0k shrd,   51056k buf  54856k active, 173636k inactive

My box is running at 44.6% idle with the stats above.

Peace,
Larry