[Snort-users] Off topic, protocol analysis...

Jason Humes jhumes at ...11232...
Mon Nov 1 07:13:52 EST 2004

Looks OK, but I was thinking of something with a web front-end...I think
ntop may do this, but I'm not sure if it will look into the TCP and UDP data
and identify the actual services.  Thanks.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Shnitko, Maxim {PBG} [mailto:Maxim.Shnitko at ...12618...]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 9:58 AM
To: 'Jason Humes'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Off topic, protocol analysis...

Try Ethereal + Packetyzer

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Jason Humes
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:39 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Off topic, protocol analysis...

Hi
I'm looking for something that can watch all the traffic and classify what
it is by port, and possibly by deeper inspection.  I'd like something that
can do 'Top 10 Protocols', 'Top 10 Services', 'Top 10 Talkers'...that sort
of thing and I would love if it was linux based...anyone have any
ideas...thanks.

--

Jason