[Snort-users] Unknown rule type: iis_unicode_map

Mark Wade mark-wade at ...5068...
Mon May 31 19:46:01 EDT 2004

I am a new user to snort.  I am running Snort 2.1.0 Ruleset.  I am trying to
run snort in the NIDS mode and keep getting the same error:
ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(285) => Unknown rule type: iis_unicode_map
Fatal Error, Quitting..

After doing a bunch of research I found out that I have to install:
Unicode-Map-0.112.tar.gz, so I did, and did so successfully.  After doing
the install I still can not find the file iis_unicode_map.  I do have this
file: unicode.map located in my rules dir.  I have been looking into this
for two days and I finally said its time to ask for help.

thanks, in advance.

Mark