[Snort-users] Not loggin to MySQL Database

Vernon Webb vernon at ...11812...
Fri May 28 16:38:09 EDT 2004

I hate doing this as I know how much everyone hates newbie question, but I
am new to SNORT and cannot get SNORT to log to the MySQL database on my box.
As far as I can tell all I need do is add the correct user name and password
to the database line in the SNORT.conf file. However when I add this line it
doesn't log to the database and it stops loggin the log files it logged to
prior. Is there something else I am missing here? Any ideas on debugging
this?

Thanks.