[Snort-users] Snort not Alerting

Shaun Gray SGray at ...11672...
Fri May 28 06:26:10 EDT 2004

I have snort version 2.1.2 installed along with MYSQL, PHP, and ACID on
a Redhat 9 box.  For some odd reason I have not received any alerts
since Monday.  When I do a "snort -v" it shows that packets are being
captured, but zero alerts. Even when I do things to trigger an alert
such as a port scan I don't get any alerts.  Furthermore the statistics
in Acid have not changed at all.  Can anyone point me to the right
direction on this?  Some commands to troubleshoot this would be great.

Thanks,

Shaun