[Snort-users] Apache/Acid + server

James Riden j.riden at ...11179...
Thu May 27 17:31:10 EDT 2004

Cilin <cilin5 at ...131...> writes:

> I am trying to figure out what purpose does the Apache
> server play along with Acid to display the Snort
> report. I want to configure Apache for a small cgi
> website and am wondering if i can configure it while
> its is still doing its job with Acid/Snort. Anyone
> have any idea IF it can be done? or only one instance
> of Apache can be used per computer(serever)?

You can run two copies of Apache on different ports, or you can run
two different virtual sites (IP or name-based).

Personally, I wouldn't think that's a good idea since I like to keep
my security-related stuff separate from operational stuff. If you want
details, try asking in an apache group - you'll get better answers.

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden at ...11179... / Systems Security Engineer