[Snort-users] Barnyard woes

VanBrecht, Jason Jason.VanBrecht at ...11858...
Tue May 25 07:37:18 EDT 2004

Make sure you add the sid's of your custom rules to the sid-msg.map.

Jason
Security Analyst

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 8:54 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard woes

hey everybody,

I was hoping somone could provide me with some insight... :)
I have barnyard-0.1.0 installed and for some reason it inputs some
alerts into my DB with the sig_name as "Snort Alert [1:2416:0]" where
the 2416 is the sig_id. It only seems to do this for a small handful of
the sigs, a lot of which are ones I have written myself. Has anyone seen
this problem? Is this issue fixed in 0.2.0? I am trying to get this to
work without upgrading if possible...

TIA everyone,

Dave

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com