[Snort-users] Libnet 1.0.2a with Libnet 1.1.x

Dirk Geschke Dirk at ...10648...
Fri May 21 14:59:08 EDT 2004

Hi Joshua,

> Has anyone been able to get Snort 2.1.x working on a system with both
> of these libraries?  I have to use Libnet 1.1.x for another
> application so I have installed Libnet 1.0.2a to /usr/src/libnet.
>

> I run ./configure –enable-flexresp
> –with-libnet-includes=/usr/src/libnet/include
> –with-libnet-libraries=/usr/src/libnet/lib

the problem may be a dynamic library in contrast to a
static one. Try to set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to point first to the 1.0.2a library and then retry configure
again.

Or at least if both libraries are in the same directory you
should try LD_PRELOAD.

Best regards

Dirk