[Snort-users] ANVIL - WAS [Snort-users] which rules to download

Fri May 21 05:07:03 EDT 2004

Is this an opensource product?  It looks commercial from the website
(appliance based).  I do not even see a mention of Snort
interoperability on your site although you mention it in your e-mail.
Just wondering.

Also, wondering why you responded to someone's question with a pitch
instead of sending a new e-mail to the list.  I guess I am just curious
this early Friday morning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adriel T. Desautels [mailto:atd at ...10635...]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:45 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ANVIL

Greetings list,
	We are going on release 3.3 of ANVIL which is a front end for
snort and other IDS engines.  The basic idea is to provide a powerful
and effective interface to IDS engines for small to enterprise level
networks. I am interested in input from users of IDS existing systems.
I'd like to hear what gripes people have, what people would like to see,
features, functions etc. Thanks in advance for your comments and flames
(I am sure I will get some).

Adriel T. Desautels

Secure Network Operations
Embracing the future of technology, protecting you.
Office: 978-263-3829    Fax: 978-263-3313
atd at ...10635...   www.secnetops.com