[Snort-users] About to setup snort

James Edwards hackerwacker at ...3784...
Thu May 20 22:25:02 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 14:57, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
Our networks are small, and with a small number of servers and clients.
Until such a time as we can afford switches that support a monitoring
port, we are replacing our 100Mb switches with 100Mb hubs, so that we
can get access to all the traffic.

Well, yuck. Test this. Once a local host gets an infection
that makes a lot of traffic you will see why this is a bad idea.

james