R: [Snort-users] Snort and high performance networks

Fausto Marzi fausto.marzi at ...11839...
Thu May 20 09:27:07 EDT 2004

hauuhuah you must change work ;)))
i'm joking of course...
The first think to do is buy many  Application switch Top Layer.
i wish you good luck :)))

Fausto Marzi
Intranet Web: IT Security di Gruppo
<http://itg.open.telecomitalia.it/itsecurity>
+39 06 36880135
Building together IT Security
<http://itg.open.telecomitalia.it/itsecurity/games.html>

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]Per conto di Christopher
Rapier
Inviato: giovedi 20 maggio 2004 17.13
A: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: [Snort-users] Snort and high performance networks

We have a number of networks coming into out facility that I'm
interested in monitoring with snort. The problem is that these networks
are big. Really big. One of them is 30GBits (3 lambdas over dwdm). The
smaller ones are OC48, 802.11ad bonded GigE, and so forth. My question
is how much (in whatever terms you wish to use) can snort be reasonably
expected to handle?

If anyone can point me to resources related to snort/bro/whatever in
high performance networks I'd sure appreciate it.

Chris

Snort-users list archive:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster at ...11840...

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it