[Snort-users] SnortCenter-Acid-SuSE byte_test issue

AJ Butcher, Information Systems and Computing Alex.Butcher at ...11254...
Thu May 20 02:06:04 EDT 2004

--On 19 May 2004 15:55 -0400 Mike Feetham <mike.feetham at ...9502...>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been trying to get Snort running with SnortCenter and ACID on SuSE
> 9.0, but running into some issues.  I used Steven Scott's Implementation
> guide for Redhat 9.0 for guidance as much as possible.
>
> Everything has loaded fine, and I got everything installed and configured
> up to the point where I tell SnortCenter what rules to use on the sensor.
> I selected "Use Default Active Snort Ruleset" and pushed the config to the
> sensor with no problems (also configured the home_net and external_net
> variables).
>
> When I tell SnortCenter to start the sensor, the sensor kicks back the
> following error:
>
> ERROR: ERROR /etc/snort/snort.eth0.conf (444): Bad arguments to
> byte_test:  Fatal Error, Quitting..

This is a FAQ. Use the Snortcenter2 fork from CVS:
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snortcenter2/snortcenter-console-pat
ch/>

Best Regards,
Alex.