[Snort-users] 2.1.3rc1 Performance

Gary_Portnoy at ...11307... Gary_Portnoy at ...11307...
Wed May 19 13:39:07 EDT 2004

netstat -ni reports all the packets since the last reboot, not really
helpful.
Running two instances side by side doesn't really work since i can't
launch them both or kill them both at exactly the same time.

The only way to verify that would be to inject a known amount of packets
on the wire and see which version reports the correct value.  Can anyon
recommend a tool for packet generation?  I am thinking I'd like to create
like 400,000 packets and inject them on the wire at 5mbps and see which
version reports the truth.

Thanks,
Gary Portnoy

Dirk Geschke <Dirk at ...10648...>