[Snort-users] 2.1.3rc1 Performance

Gary_Portnoy at ...11307... Gary_Portnoy at ...11307...
Wed May 19 07:50:28 EDT 2004

The rules were the same, i just changed the link to the snort binary, so
that's not it.

Did pcre get rewritten, because it's been supported for a while now???
As for the libpcap question, i'll try to find out, because someone else
compiled the 2.1.1 binary on a different machine.  But the 2.1.3rc1 that I
compiled, libpcap is the most recent version 0.8.3.  In fact, i can almost
quarantee that it was a different version since 0.8.3 was released on
March 30 and I've had the 2.1.1 binary since before then.  But shouldn't
the newer version of libpcap be faster and more efficient?

-Gary-
Gary Portnoy

Dirk Geschke <Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...>
05/19/2004 10:32 AM