[Snort-users] PortScan Configuration in snort.conf

Ruiyuan Jiang Ruiyuan_Jiang at ...10944...
Wed May 19 05:23:05 EDT 2004

Hi, all

I upgraded my snort from 2.0.5 to 2.1.2 (mysql, php, apache, ACID). After
upgrade, I don't see port scan traffic anymore in "Traffic Profile by
Protocol". I looked at the snort.conf from 2.1.2 distribution and there is
no more portscan.log item anymore. I enabled flow-portscan in snort.conf but
there is definition for the log location. I don't see portscan traffic. Am I
doing something wrong? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang