[Snort-users] http_decode unknown preprocessor fatal error

Nerijus Krukauskas nk99 at ...10637...
Tue May 18 01:57:07 EDT 2004

Alessandro Fiorenzi wrote:
> Hi, I am using Snort 2.1.2 but when i start snort I get this error:
> /ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "À¸È    _decode"
> Fatal Error, Quitting../
>
> I have notice that the problem could be the http_decode; I am using the
> defualt standard snort.conf with
> /preprocessor http_decode: 80 unicode iis_alt_unicode double_encode
> iis_flip_slash full_whitespace
> /
> If I remove this option snort starts, but without http_decode.

   It should be http_inspect and with a very different syntax. Your
snort.conf must be from older snort release. Get the current one and
modify it according to the old one you have.

--
NK @ Vilnius
nk.tinkle.lt

Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. -- Woody Allen,
"Annie Hall"