[Snort-users] About virus.rules

Michael Sconzo msconzo at ...5072...
Mon May 17 11:23:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 10:55:48AM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 03:43 AM 5/17/2004, etienne.causse at ...11813... wrote:
> >"# NOTE: These rules are NOT being actively maintained.
> ># These rules are going away.  We don't care about virus rules anymore."
> >
> >Although, I see that there are more rules than the only one listed in this
> >file on snort.org.
> >
> >So my question is quite simple : why is there no support for virus rules
> >any more ?
>
> Simple answer: Because AFAIK nobody has volunteered to be the official
> maintainer of the rules.

 I volunteered some time ago, but never received a response.  So,
 I can only assume I'm either worthless or they aren't looking for
 a maintainer :)  I would hope the 2nd as they say the rules are
 going away and they don't care.

-=Mike

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.