[Snort-users] Administrativia: No advertising please

James Riden j.riden at ...11179...
Thu May 13 21:17:01 EDT 2004

"Michael Steele" <michaels at ...9077...> writes:

> Why would you think that any message written off-list would be taboo?

Because in the case I'm thinking of, it looked like snort-users or
snort-sigs was scraped to find addresses of people to send marketing
material to.  On some lists that is grounds for unsubscribing the
person who is doing the address harvesting.

Basically, when I post to a technical list I don't expect to get
marketing copy in reply, on- or off-list - unless I specifically asked
for it.

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden at ...11179... / Systems Security Engineer