[Snort-users] Administrativia: No advertising please

Shaun T. Erickson ste at ...11690...
Thu May 13 20:32:08 EDT 2004

Michael Steele wrote:

> Why would you think that any message written off-list would be taboo?

Because my participation in this mailing list is not an invitation to
salesmen to consider me a prospect. My signing up for this list did not
opt me in to anyone's sales list. I would be very upset if people
cold-called me (even if only by email) just because I'm on this list. If
I want to know about someone's product, I'll ask.

	-ste