[Snort-users] Administrativia: No advertising please

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...1935...
Thu May 13 14:00:12 EDT 2004

Frank Knobbe wrote:
> Could we please stop this blatant commercial advertisement in this list?
> Otherwise there are a dozen or so MSSP's that could add their
> advertisements too.
>
> Let's keep this list commercial free please!

As the principal list adminstrator I wish to maintain this list as
commercial free as possible.  While I understand the occasional
accidental "Reply All", if any subscriber repetively posts messages of a
commercial nature then I will enable appropriate filters to require
approval of all future postings.  I already filter out commercial
posting from non-subscribed addresses.  I hope that all of the
subscribers to thist list are adult enough to respect the desire to keep
the list commercial free.  Complaints about postings to the list should
be sent to snort-users-admin at ...314...

Sincerely,

Andrew R. Baker