[Snort-users] different logging options. -- Applied Watch

Brian bmc at ...950...
Thu May 13 13:40:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 02:53:06PM -0500, Eric Hines wrote:
> Sure, OS-native being software that installs directly on top of the
> Operating System, versus the Snort monitoring and management consoles
> out there, such as ACID, Demarc, and well others, that require a web
> browser.

So by your definition, snort + barnyard + mysql + apache + php + acid
+ mozilla, is OS-Native since they install directly on top of the
Operating System.

Do you mean OS Native as in using OS Native libraries, such as MFC or
WinForms?

Or do you mean OS Native as in "not a web browser".

I'm glad you cleared that up, since most people don't classify code
running in a VM as "OS-Native".

Brian