[Snort-users] logging to a remote database with mudpit

Maetzky, Steffen (Extern) Steffen.Maetzky at ...11508...
Thu May 13 06:55:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I try to put data from a host to a mysql-database on a remote one with
mudpit
but I get the following error message:

	Host 'hostname' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL Server
	error initializing ".../mp_acid_out.so": retrying unrecognized
parameter "server"

On the remote-host I have given the grants:

	grant INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snort identified by 'password';
	flush privileges;

On the local host I use (mudpit.conf):

	spool "/var/log/snort" {
		lock = "mysql"
		delete_processed
		user="root"
		output=".../mp_acid_out.so", "server <remote server ip>,
user snort, password <password>, database snort, interface eth1"
	}

I don't know what's going wrong.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,