[Snort-users] about some error

ajay sahasrabudhe ajay_sahasrabudhe2001 at ...131...
Wed May 12 13:15:54 EDT 2004

Hi,Patrick,
Thanks for your reply.But let me know what is the unicode.map file for and where do i get it?I tried by uncommenting the line about iis unicode map file in the snort.conf file.But when the applications parses the rule set it giving fatal errors for all rule sets such as bad traffic rule set and snort quits.How to fix it.

regards,
ajay sahasrabudhe

"Harper, Patrick" <patrick.harper at ...11593...> wrote:
did you copy the unicode.map file to /etc/snort?

---------------------------------
From: ajay sahasrabudhe [mailto:ajay_sahasrabudhe2001 at ...131...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 8:22 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] about some error

Hi,
i have configured snort to work on windows 2000 machine.Its working ok in packet logging mode.i have also configured the snort.conf file.However while running snort in IDS mode i am getting alert as
ERROR: snort.conf(285) => Invalid file name for IIS Unicode Map file.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

What is the problem?.Can anyone help me out.

regards,
ajay sahasrabudhe

Disclaimer: