[Snort-users] wireless patch

wireless wireless at ...11792...
Wed May 12 05:15:17 EDT 2004

Dear all,

I made a patch for snort-2.1.1 including snort-wireless project made by Andrew Lockhart and my own works
(http://snort-wireless.org/files/snort-2.1.1-wireless.patch.gz).

Personally, I have added to Andrew's works a wifi-statetable process and 3 preprocessors using it:
  - a deauth flood detection preprocessor,
  - an authflood detection preprocessor,
  - a MAC spoofing detection preprocessor.
I have tested macspoof preprocessor with 3 wireless cards and one Access point. It works well.
But it really needs to be tested in a realist wireless network.
I was planing to finish another preprocessor which purpose was to decode WEP.
For I'm really busy at the moment I had to delay it and I should start working on it again around end of june.
By the time, if someone feel interesting in making some kind of testing and bug reports about works I have already
 finished it would be nice and helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards sebastien.