[Snort-users] ANOMALOUS HTTP SERVER ON UNDEFINED HTTP PORT

Brian bmc at ...950...
Tue May 11 13:54:08 EDT 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 07:46:56AM -0600, Fred McFeeters wrote:
> I get about 1300 of these every day mostly from MSN messenger witch I leave
> on 24/7, but also from every web page I visit, its like its not checking to
> see that I'm the client and not the server Any ideas? Also am sure its been
> beat into the ground but I still haven't heard an answer if any one has
> found out how to  make acid report flow-portscan events?

You have added detect_anomalous_servers to your HttpInspect portion of
your snort.conf.  You are using network clients that HttpInspect
thinks are web servers, but the ports were not defined by
HttpInspect's profile.

Remove detect_anomalous_servers from your snort.conf or define your
HTTP ports properly for HttpInspect and you won't see those alerts.

Brian