[snort-users] Blocking with a PIX

d.deboni at ...11639... d.deboni at ...11639...
Tue May 11 07:50:08 EDT 2004

The shuns won't show up in the rulebase.  Connect to the pix, get to an
enable prompt, and type 'sh shun' to see if the shuns are being applied.
It should show a list of the current shuns in place.

I know how it works....

If I type "sh shun" there are no shuns applied.
It seems I cannot apply shuns for IP outside of my network.

Here's what I mean.

If I try to add a shun for an IP inside of my network (for example
10.1.1.x) it works.
When I try to add any other IP I get this message from PIX:

Shun 192.168.1.1 failed

WHY?

Davide De Boni

Email: d.deboni at ...11639...