[Snort-users] Typical barnyard compile problems

Mike Cohen mcohen at ...11779...
Mon May 10 07:24:01 EDT 2004

Im not to familiar with the process, and I know these  forums are very
particular about etiquette, so what is the best way for me to have this
reported as either a potential bug in the new build of barnyard or get
pointed towards fixing whatever misconfiguration I may have?

I removed the
-lz -lssl from the configure.in and I did not get the error.

I ve moved to mysql 4.0.18 with no change in status, but Im a bit
apprehensive about continuing to build a production server not really
knowing what I removed from the configure, and why I removed it. I know that
barnyard is still a work in progress, but from what Ive read it's the best
way to save ticks on a high traffic server.

Im not concerned about using ssl anywhere in my setup, so if it has to do
with that then I don't really care, Id just like to be sure that  since my
you know what is on the line,  removing those lines doesn't butcher the
whole setup.

Thanks again for the help.