[Snort-users] Log file owned by root problem

bitless at ...1364... bitless at ...1364...
Thu May 6 10:54:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

Snort seems to start fine but the problem is when the log
files are written the uid/gid is root/root I need them to be
snort/snort. My startup line is as follows,

snort -c /etc/snort/snort_eth0/snort.conf -i eth0 -u snort -g
snort

Shouldn't this output a log file with uid/gid snort/snort.
All dirs and files are uid/gid snort/snort and anything else
I could think of.

If anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate them.

TIA

Dan