[Snort-users] Typical barnyard compile problems

Bamm Visscher bamm at ...539...
Wed May 5 11:42:02 EDT 2004

Someone in #snort reported this problem too. I hadn't tried 0.2.0 release and when I did, I ran into the same problem. Since rc2 compiled fine, I checked for a diff in two configures and got this:

*** 2553,2559 ****
    fi

      LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L${MYSQL_LIB_DIR}"
!   LIBS="${LIBS} -lz -lssl -lmysqlclient"
    echo $ac_n "checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient""... $ac_c" 1>&6
  echo "configure:2559: checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient" >&5
  ac_lib_var=`echo mysqlclient'_'mysql_real_connect | sed 'y%./+-%__p_%'`
--- 2553,2559 ----
    fi

      LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L${MYSQL_LIB_DIR}"
!   LIBS="${LIBS} -lmysqlclient"
    echo $ac_n "checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient""... $ac_c" 1>&6
  echo "configure:2559: checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient" >&5
  ac_lib_var=`echo mysqlclient'_'mysql_real_connect | sed 'y%./+-%__p_%'`

If you rm the '-lz -lssl', from LIBS then it will compile fine, although I have to say I am not sure what affects this would have and/or why Andrew added them.

Bammkkkk