[Snort-users] Snort Rule Downloading - Working now! (NOT!!!) (update use -CURRENT for 2.1.2)

Vogle, Brian Brian.Vogle at ...11483...
Tue May 4 10:53:04 EDT 2004

Can we get an official confirmation on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of McCash,
John
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 12:18 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort Rule Downloading - Working now!
(NOT!!!) (update use -CURRENT for 2.1.2)

Guys,
	I now have to stand corrected. It seems (according to email I
received from Brian Casewell) that the updates that I was looking
(LSASS, etc) for don't work on 2.1.0 and before, and if you're running
2.1.2 or above, you're supposed to use the -CURRENT updates. It'd be
nice if the download page said that rather than to use the -2_1 rules
for 2.1.*.
		John