[Snort-users] sensor on ACID console

Naveen C Joshi naveen_joshi at ...11009...
Mon May 3 05:27:04 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have sucessfully installed the
Snort-2.1.1+snortcenter-v1.0-RC1+ACID-0.9.6b23 on my Redhat 9.0 with latest
version. But at the tail I am getting some confusion/problem.

My problem is when I look into the ACID console there is only one sensor
which is the localhost's IP. I have installed nortcenter agent on the same
machine and its working fine with default rules. Beside this localhost I
have installed sortcenter agent on another 3 machines which are different
subnet gateways. When I add new sensor for one of the machine  its connected
and showing me green level and with info "snort running pid#xxxx".

I have configured the output plugins for the sensor and its in active state.

Does it mean this sensor is also connected with my snortceter???

Now it should be again viewable in my ACID console where still only one
sensor showing.

Please suggest me if the other three should be in ACID console and how??

Best regards

Naveen