[Snort-users] Question on stream4 preprocessor

sgt_b sgt_b at ...11733...
Mon May 3 05:00:05 EDT 2004

Thanks for the tip Fred. I went ahead and installed 2.1.3RC1, and added:
"config event_queue: max_queue 8 log 3 order_events content_length" to
my snort.conf file. Unfortunately, it appears that snort still does not
log the chunked encoding vulnerability, just the libwhisker attempts. It
should also be noted that I've used other Nessus plugins besides the
chunked encoding vulnerability with the same results.
Based on these tests it appears that one could obfuscate their attacks
by triggering other alerts in the same stream to mask the real attack.
If anyone can shed some light on this subject I'd appreciate it.