[Snort-users] logging directory "/var/log/snort"

Corey Rock snort_sigs at ...125...
Sat May 1 15:42:05 EDT 2004

Indeed, that helps sgt_b!

was running as root....dir didn't exist....but, alas, I thought all logging
is configured via the output plugins, and given that I chose mysql as the
logging db instead of to a dir, I thought I shouldn't have to create it?

Where is that default call to /var/log/snort made from?  I don't see it in
the conf file...perhaps I'm missing it?

thanks!

Corey

>From: sgt_b <sgt_b at ...11733...>