[Snort-users] [OpenBSD 3.4 + snort 2.0.0b72] Strange Bad Traffic alert generating from 127.0.0.1:80 to the firewall's external ip

Corey Rock snort_sigs at ...125...
Sat May 1 10:59:06 EDT 2004

Is it possible someone is using a Cisco VPN client?  I often see loopback
alerts with the 3000 clients in our environment...the loopback error will
show FW as source, and loopback as destination.

Inspecting the GUI for the VPN client shows all traffic to the Loopback
device, so I suspect it's normal behavior (the loopback alerts in my case,
can be ignored). Alerts disappear when the VPN session is terminated.  (am
checking with Cisco on actual workings of client)

Not sure if this is your cause, but it's mine.

Regards,

Corey