[Snort-users] Snort Archive Database Creation Script

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at ...11827...
Fri Jul 30 17:53:11 EDT 2004

Hi all.  Don't know if this question has been asked before.  I wasn't
able to find too much on google or the list archive.

I would like to be able to archive events picked up by my snort IDSs.
Now, I know that ACID has this functionality.  But I also know that
you have to have the database backend.  Does anyone know if 1) the DB
setup script that comes with the snort package will work for the
"snort-archive" db? or 2) if there's a snort-archive db setup script
that I missed in the package? or 3) is there a 3-rd party script some
where out there in userland?  I'm not the most savvy mysql DBA, so it
would be non-trivial for me to try to set up the db myself.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Heselton