[Snort-users] Updating Rules

Kenneth Trimmmer kenneth.trimmer at ...12179...
Fri Jul 30 10:05:02 EDT 2004

How does one update Snort Signatures manually?

I have downloaded the current SnapShot set from snort and have un-zipped
them. Is it as simple as copying all of the .rules files to my rules folder
or is it more complex? It looks pretty straight forward to me. However, I
was concerned when I noticed that in the Signature Snapshot, there were a
few config. files. What do I need to do with these config. files?

Thanks in advance for the help.