[Snort-users] I don't get any alerts when reading from file.

sekure sekure at ...11827...
Fri Jul 30 08:23:02 EDT 2004

A lot of the snort signatures require an established connection (TCP
handshake).  Look for "flow:established" in the rule. If your pcap
file only contains the packets with the signatures and not the entire
session, snort will not trigger on them.

That's just my guess...