[Snort-users] Barnyard part 2

Esler, Joel - Contractor joel.esler at ...9426...
Thu Jul 29 05:47:01 EDT 2004

I see that my Snort -> mysql used the "log" facility.  Is there a
similar command in barnyard, or do I have to change my rules from alert
to log?

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Esler,
Joel - Contractor
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:40 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; Maetzky, Steffen (Extern)
Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard part 2

Okay, Now, previous setup was Snort logging directly to mysql.  Now it
is logging to unified, Barnyard is now processing the mysql entries,
however, it is not inputting the packet data into ACID.  Where did the
packet data go?

(barnyard.conf)

output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 7, database snort, server
127.0.0.1, user snort
output log_acid_db: mysql, database snort, server 127.0.0.1, user snort,
detail full

Do i need to comment out alert_acid_db, and make it just "log_acid_db?