[Snort-users] No such file error at startup

Mike Dodor dodes1 at ...131...
Tue Jul 27 07:42:12 EDT 2004

I've just begun the install of Snort 2.1.3 on RH9. The
snag that I've hit is when attempting to test the
confguration (# /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd start) I
receive the following error:
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd: line 16:
/etc/sysconfig/snort: No such file or directory"

Now the error makes complete sense due to the fact
that there isn't a 'snort' in /etc/sysconfig/.
Should this have been placed there during install or
from a post install command that I failed to run?

dodes1 at ...131...