[Snort-users] Surpress ICMP messages between two internal IP's (pass rule)

Kenneth Trimmmer kenneth.trimmer at ...12179...
Mon Jul 26 06:01:06 EDT 2004

Just wondering, after I create a suppress rule, Where do I put it? Does it
go into a rule file or does it go somewhere else?

Hi Bill,

You can use a "suppress" rule on the SIDs that are firing to safely
ignore these ICMP messages to/from your DCs without disabling the rule
alltogether.

http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_manual/node19.html

Regards,

Chris.