[Snort-users] More Snort Stuff

Bill Parker dogbert at ...11664...
Sun Jul 25 19:34:02 EDT 2004

Hi again,

    I added the supress lines for the traffic in question, and it's been banished.  I also went and purchased the
Snort 2.1 Book (2nd Ed.) and have read chapters 1 and 2 so far.  I was wondering, I can get a 2nd occurance
of snort to run if I start up another process at the command line, but does anyone have a modification for the
snort script in /etc/init.d if you want to start multiple occurances (i.e. - a sensor on eth1, eth2, etc)?

I'm starting to find out more about the pig, and this list (and the book) are pretty useful for IDS info.

Bill