[Snort-users] Can't set up ACID - get a blank page

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Fri Jul 23 23:03:00 EDT 2004

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 11:28 PM -0600 Sean Brown <sblinux at ...9344...>
wrote:

> Well to reply to my own message, it seems that the default options php4
> is  built with in the FreeBSD ports is insufficient to run ACID. It
> doesn't  include GD, session support or pcre.
>
> I uninstalled the mod_php4 package, edited lang/php4/Makefile  and added
> to  the CONFIGURE_ARGS --with-pcre --enable-bcmath --enable session
> --with-gd  --with-mysql -with-zlib-dir=/usr --enable-sockets then build
> from  www/mod_php4
>
> I had to add the -with-zlib-dir=/usr because when I added --with-gd it
> died  not finding libz and I added --with-mysql just for the hell of it.
> pcre is  needed for running queries.
>
> The new mod_php4 package seems to work just fine now. Maybe I should ask
> the  port maintainer to add these as options.

You should have gotten a screen where all these options were available to
you, rather than having to edit the Makefile.  Did you try make options?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member